Wednesday 22 November 2017

Fight Game book pre-order - Joanne Calderwood discusses leaving nursing for MMA career



Reading, England - Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Alistair Hendrie’s latest Kindle book, Fight Game: The Untold Story of Women’s MMA in Britain, is now available for pre-order on Amazon with a final release date of 25th November. 

The book charts how British women ripped up perceptions to finally reach the UFC, featuring candid insight from the likes of UFC strawweight Joanne Calderwood and Bellator pair Kate Jackson and Helen Harper. 

In one passage, Calderwood opens up about how she left a career in nursing to commit to fighting – much to the initial shock of her mother. 

“I got to a point in my muay Thai career where I couldn’t keep working full-time as a nurse and training on top of that,” said the Scottish striker. “It was so hard. But Guy (Ramsay) gave me a job at the gym so I could fight full-time, and I haven’t looked back since. 

“Quitting my nursing job meant taking a pay cut, but that didn’t bother me – as long as I made enough money to take my career to the next level that was fine by me. 

“The next step was convincing my mum. At first she was like: “Whoa, what are you doing?” But now she supports my career one hundred and ten per cent.”

Previous press releases for media use can be found here. When providing media coverage for the book, please include the pre-order link

For more information, media requests, interview requests and review copies, please contact Alistair Hendrie on allyh84@hotmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment